Updated: Oct 19
Do you have a venison roast in the freezer from last season and you're not 100% sure what do to with it? Well, this is the perfect recipe for you! This recipe is simple AND delicious. Just throw your ingredients in the crock pot and in roughly 8 hours you'll be enjoying a delicious venison roast with carrots and potatoes. I hope you enjoy!
Beef Stock-32 ounce container
Onion Powder-1 tablespoon
1lb bag of small carrots and 3 potatoes
6 cloves of garlic
1. Place the venison roast in your crock pot and then we will begin adding the rest of our ingredients!
2. Take 2 tablespoons of salt, 2 tablespoons of pepper, 2 tablespoons of rosemary, and 1 tablespoon of onion power and mix them together in a small bowl to create a rub.
3. Cover the roast in rub on one side, turn the roast over, and repeat on the other side until the roast is completely covered in the rub.
4. Add 6 cloves of garlic on top of the roast.
5. Add 3 bouillon cubes and 4 bay leaves on top of the roast.
6. Add the 32 ounce container of beef stock to the crock pot, then add water until the liquid is 2 inches above the roast.
7. Wash and dice your potatoes and carrots into small pieces so they will get tender in the roast. Do not add these to your roast from the beginning (they will get too done).
8. Turn your crockpot on low heat for 8 hours. At the 6 hour mark, add your potatoes and carrots into the crockpot and then place it back on low heat for the remaining 2 hours.
9. At the 8 hour mark, check the tenderness of your roast, potatoes, and carrots and add additional time if needed to increase the tenderness of your vegetables.
EAT AND ENJOY!!!
Thanks for reading!!
Follow us on Instagram: